Windows 7 can't see USB HDD attached to WDTV

I also have a WD Live SMP with a WD Mybook 3TB attached.  I can access the MyBook drive just fine from my Windows 7 laptop and my (old) Windows XP desktop. 

Make sure that you have set the Workgroup name in the WD SMP the same as the workgroup name you set on your computer(s) and other devices on your network.  Also, go into Network setup and ensure that “Network Share Server” is set to “On.”  If you change these settings, you MAY need to restart the WD SMP for the change to take effect.  Then, on the Windows 7 computer, open the Network viewer (Start / Network).  The WD SMP should show up under the “Computer” section.  Double-click it, and you should be able to browse the attached USB drive.  You can also right-click that icon, and create a shortcut to the drive; or after double-clicking, right-click the resulting icon and map a network drive.

You may notice that the WD SMP also shows in the Network viewer under the “Media Devices” section.  Opening this only accesses the WD SMP’s web page, NOT the attached drive.