Will we get any more updates?

HI

Do people that have had the SMP for a long time think we will get any more updates?

I see people posting problems(I have)but there seam to be very little come back from WD.

Probably.

66 views and we got a “Probably”     lmfao    :slight_smile:

That about sums it up then  :slight_smile:

The fact is that nobody knows except WD and they never tell.

OK thanks. I don’t know if I should send it back or keep it   hmmmmm

What problems?

Hi.

When I turn it off of a night time the screen settings(1080p) change to 720i and

it forgets I have films so goes off for a re-scan and this is every time.

I got the latest firmware ect. Other people have posted in the other section about it.

Other then that it’s great  :)  just wish it was more open like the older WD TV.

I’m using Match video framerate: Setup > Audio/Video Output > Video Output > HDMI > Auto > Auto > On. Works even after the device has been disconnected from power.

Thanks for the help. I tried what you said but when I play a 1080p film it doesn’t change the rez, it stays

at 720i. I tried a 1080p\29 and the same thing happend. I will do a total reset

and see if that does it. Again thank you.

720i?   Really?  I didn’t know there was any such thing.

There’s 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p, but no 720i…  There is no such standard I’m aware of for 720 interlaced video…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

There’s 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i and 1080p, but no 720i…  There is no such standard I’m aware of for 720 interlaced video…

720i , yeah it does exist, but is rarely ever used

it was introduced right about the same time as 1080

I can remember walking though best buy and seeing 720I tv’s a cheap alternative to a 1080i or 1080p TV

KAD79 wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

720i , yeah it does exist, but is rarely ever used

it was introduced right about the same time as 1080

I can remember walking though best buy and seeing 720I tv’s a cheap alternative to a 1080i or 1080p TV

Not according to wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/720p

720i (720 lines  interlaced) is an erroneous term found in numerous sources and publications. Typically, it is a typographical error in which the author is referring to the 720p HDTV format. However, in some cases it is incorrectly presented as an actual alternative format to 720p. [3] In fact, no proposed or existing broadcast standard permits 720 interlaced lines in a video frame at any frame rate. [4]

No I don’t think there will be any more firmware updates. Or at least any significant ones. I too have the same problem with the resolution not ‘sticking’. Actually I don’t think they’ve even fixed the numbering sequence problem that’s plagued the device for years.

I hope they’re working on a completely new version of the SMP, but who knows.

I never knew that, but I have seen it before, as the wiki states, probably a mis-used term

but I still don’t know why anybody would ever want it

especially in today’s world were everything is 1080p and companies are trying to push 4K

even though there’s not much of any 4K content available

I did not want the 720 that’s the whole point of the thread  :slight_smile:

I’m sticking to what Techflaws said a page back and so far so good. Thank Techflaws   :).