Will wdtv live populate the media library with files from a media server?

Posted this in the wrong forum, it should be here with the live smp.

Ok so I have given up on trying to get the wdtv live to access my network.  I’m new to setting these up ,Im using win 7 starter which i think may be the problem. On my full win 7 computer it works better but I still cant browse to my network drive to choose folders off it, all permissions are correct, any tips?

I have a wireless modem/router with network ability and built in media server called " Mediashare". I have a 1tb usb drive attactched to the router with about 700gb of music and video on it.

I have no problems accessing this when I choose media server as the content source however i would like to use the media library.

How do I get the wdtv live to put the files from the media server into the media library?

CLASHMAN wrote:

How do I get the wdtv live to put the files from the media server into the media library? 

You can’t.  Media Library only works with network shares and local disks.

You’re correct.   Windows 7 Starter Edition cannot offer network shares (but it can connect to other computers’ shares.)

As for other tips, can you provide more info specific to the problems you’re having? 

@CLASHMAN

As I mentioned to you in the other thread, you got some good assist here from one of our resident “gurus” so stick around here and respond to the help provided if you really want help.

Please reply to Tony’s comments, and as I mentioned, I think you have some network sharing issues, so go here and follow the steps in the first post.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/How-to-resolve-quot-Network-shares-quot-access-problems-with/td-p/671513

Come back with some feedback and get more help if you need it.