WiFi chip failed in WD TV Live

I purchased a WD TV Live a year and one month ago. I have had NOTHING but issues with it since day 1. I constantly receive intermittent video with HD videos and it constantly stops streaming on me. I have switched routers THREE TIMES because the phone tech pushed the blame on my router. Now, the system will not connect via WiFi at all! It doesn’t even give me an option to choose wired or wireless. I called tech support AGAIN! and they said that now my system was out of warranty, and that I should “Wait a day and see if it gets better”… WHAT!!! What kind of troubleshooting is that?.. I’ve been a long standing WD customer and have actually used you guys for ALL of my storage needs. I asked the tech over the phone if there was ANY out of warranty options since I was JUST outside of that date, she told me to GO BUY A NEW ONE! Are you serious? I’ve had nothing but issues with this WD TV Live since day 1, and now I’m being told to buy a new one if I want to use my streaming services again wirelessly?

I will NOT be buying ANY of your products again, and you can be sure I will be telling everyone to stay away from Western Digital on all social media.

Fitzy, hopefully someone from WD staff will chime in.

In most cases, if you ask the WD techs on the phone to look at your case history, they should see that your issue(s) began before your warranty expired, therefore you should still be under entitlement.

Ask them to escalate.

Fitzy58 wrote:

I purchased a WD TV Live a year and one month ago. I have had NOTHING but issues with it since day 1. I constantly receive intermittent video with HD videos and it constantly stops streaming on me. I have switched routers THREE TIMES because the phone tech pushed the blame on my router.

That is ridiculous, stupid,  tech support.  3 new routers? 

Anyway, go buy a Roku 3 and run Plex.  The Amazon FireTV is way better than WDTV also, though I would go with Roku unless you are a user of other Amazon services.  It has gotten kind of depressing, WDTV isn’t even mentioned anymore in reviews of this type of device.