Where the **bleep** is hbo to go and all other channels that my $30 Sony 3d bluray player has?

I read reviews and they all say that your media box outdoes all other, but my Sony DVD player and roku have 50 more channels than you offer and your product is the most expensive. If they is no hbo, Amazon or other paid channels then you are nothing more than an expensive HT PC without any bells or any useful os to add productivity. I have nothing more to say than I will be returning this and the 50 people a year that ask for my technology knowledge never to buy your products. I already tell them not to waste time, money and data on your hardrives. I will just build my own home small factor HT PC to run everything under one roof like You promised on your website.  

acmoretz420 wrote:

You promised on your website.  

Sorry, but where were these services (HBO Go, Amazon, etc) promised on WD’s website?

acmoretz420 wrote:

I read reviews and they all say that your media box outdoes all other, but my Sony DVD player and roku have 50 more channels than you offer and your product is the most expensive. …

:laughing:  Guess you need to either improve your reading comprehension or find more informative reviews.  The SMP is not a Roku replacement, much as a Roku is not an SMP replacement (since Roku’s are not media players for your own personal video files).  As for the <$100 SMP being (just) an “expensive” HTPC, well that is quite laughable.

@acemoretz420

I will be returning this and the 50 people a year that ask for my technology knowledge never to buy your products.

All I can say is I pity the poor people who ask for your advice – you are grossly uninformed, and doing them all a great disservice.  Send 'em to this site where there are people more knowledgeable.  I have a WDTV and a Roku, and I definitely know the differences – ncarver described some of the important ones.

I really am turned off by people like you – who, in their first post here, let everyone know what a smart aleck they are.  I really wish they would not disclose this personality trait in their first post and try to be less obnoxious!

acmoretz420 wrote:

I have nothing more to say than I will be returning this and the 50 people a year that ask for my technology knowledge never to buy your products.  

Well, let’s hope next time those 50 people (“Impressive”!) gonna ask someone clever enough to read the product specs before buying the product. And have fun with your $30 Sony player and Cinavia.