Where did all my Themes go?

Okay so I’m relatively new to the SMP and like so many of you I have already experienced countless problems with this device.

This evening I was exploring the ‘Options Menus’ and I notice that all but one of my pre-installed Themes have gone! The only one available to me now is called ‘Mochi’ whic is okay but what happened to the others?

I seem to recall when I first setup my SMP last week  there was around 5 to choose from!

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

The SMP can only have one extra theme installed at a time.  Been that way since day 1.

Maybe youre looking for the download list?  Press the RED button.

1 Like

Hey Tony,

Were you referring to one extra theme besides the default set of 4 or 5 pre-installed themes?

I know for certain I had more than one because I tried them all. I know this for sure because it was the first thing I tried after the initial setup. In the end I settled for ‘Mochi’ because I liked the animated icons on the Home Screen .

Perhpas WD included more on this version???

Thank you for the advice about the RED button, do I need to be in the Themes window for the downloads to work?

Cheers!

Press the red button while you are on the themes page and you will see a list of downloadable themes.  These are not “pre-installed” though.

Slinky_McVelvet wrote:

Hey Tony,

Were you referring to one extra theme besides the default set of 4 or 5 pre-installed themes?

The ONLY “pre-installed” theme is Mochi.   You can download and install only one at a time.  If you download a different one, the first one is uninstalled.  Mochi is resident in firmware, so it cannot be erased.

The Hub is different.   You can download as many themes as you want because the themes are stored on the hard disk.

Just keep in mind that WD doesn’t do much maintaining on the downloadable themes.  There’s been so many firmware changes that those themes are bound to have some incompatibilities.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

The ONLY “pre-installed” theme is Mochi.   You can download and install only one at a time.  If you download a different one, the first one is uninstalled.  Mochi is resident in firmware, so it cannot be erased.> * * *

Hey Tony,

Boy do I feel silly…, I just tried pressing the RED button whilst in the THEMES window and hey presto, all my themes were showing once more. Of course when I first tried these out during the initial setup I had forgotten that they were downloaded, all I did remember was that I originally had a list of 4 or 5.

Thanks for putting me straight fella, no doubt I would have puzzled over that one for some time before figuring it out!

Cheers :wink: