When's the next firmware, WD?

Given how controversial Firmware 2.02.32 has been, I’m curious if anyone from WD will actually tell us if an even newer firmware is at least on the horizon.

Or if WD isn’t even checking here, has anyone talked to the support department about this?

1 Like

Hi, currently there is no information about future firmware updates, any information on this will be shared on the WD Community and support page.

jubei04 wrote:

Hi, currently there is no information about future firmware updates, any information on this will be shared on the WD Community and support page.

Well if you are in a position to actually pass on to the developers how unhappy people are with this firmware, please do.

It’s not all specifically identifiable bugs.  A lot of the grief is about overall interface slowness and instability.

Any update on this?  Have the developers said ANYTHING?

Same question. Thanks

I take it WD does not do “hotfixes” so the next fw is probably at least 3 months away.  :(

1 Like

Netflix crashes, random reboots, not enough memory isses when playing movies needing a reboot…

I understand that Netflix tech support has been removed in the new firmware as well?

From being a really rock solid perfromer from the day I bought it, the new firmware really screwed it up.

I posted log files to the tech support team, maybe we should all post logs to the firmware update team to iron out these issues?

dipster

p.s

To prove a point last week a rolled back to the previous firmware, and all issues have gone away all week.

1 Like

ATM we’re watching Netflix pretty much every evening (no time for binge watching of OITNB) on 2.02.32: no crashes.

The key issue with this firmware are the nightmarish memory leaks.  It’s why we’ve got all these people insisting they have zero problems on one side (sometimes quite insistently) and another group who report all kinds of problems (not always the same ones).  The people reporting no problems probably have more discipline in doing total restarts on their unit fairly often, or if not don’t use the apps with the greatest leaks (the YouTube app is the worst by far).  

Solve those leaks, along with the second biggest issue (that it’s far less tolerant/resiliant with file integrity–very minor issue with video files will cause them to not play at all (or lose video and continue audio) where the same files in previous firmwares had no problem) and we’d be in good shape.

Actually the second biggest problem is memory leaks (which I’ve never seen probably cause I turn off my device completely when I’m done watching) cause the #1 problem are the network connection issues that drive some people crazy.