What is the last best good firmware for the Gen 3 Streaming Live

WileyCoyote wrote:> The worst problems with me aren’t even the streaming.  That seems to work okay, other than the occasional time when I get that old problem where the playback pauses then fast forwards.  MP4s, MKV, FLV… they all play fine on this firmware.  

The problem is the number of times the unit just freezes when navigating through the interface.  It happens often.

I’m just wondering, if you’re using the Media Library and have a large file collection plus the unit is set to download meta information automatically if thats what is making it sluggish? It’s been mentioned before that the WDTV is not very fast and can have memory issues when processing a lot of information, maybe thats the problem here? I also read people having memory issues with some apps too.

It may help to actually turn the unit off rather than set it in standby (if you dont do that already) which should clear memory regulary. Just a thought.

EDIT: are you using the new grid interface? If so try Mochi, which appaerntly uses fewer system resources.