WLAN - automatically connection not wanted

Under normal circumstances my WLAN at home is switches off. All my media files are on an external hdd connected via usb to the WD TV Live. Each time I switch my WLAN on the TV Live connects automatically to the WLAN. How can I avoid this?

Just remove the password for your wireless connection and the WD TV wont connect.

1 Like

Seems to be a good idea but the problem is in that case I have to type it in again if I want a connection. It’s a long number and I don’t have it in my brain. (Hope you understand my bloody english–I tried to do my best)

I assume that you have an old Live or Live plus, if so then just remove the WiFi adaptor or ethernet cable.

Can’t check ATM, isn’t there a setting “connect to share automatically” that can be turned off?

@ richUK: my box is a new model with integrated WiFi so doesn’t work

@ Techflaws: I’m from Germany and not really familiar with your abbreviations, what is ATM? In my box in the main menu I can choose WiFi. There I put in the pin and the box connects to WiFi.

Jomei; then you’re in the wrong forum.  This forum is for the 2009-model WDTV Live HD.  You have the WDTV Live Streaming Media Player.

ATM = At the moment. 

Now, to get to the crux here, why do you NOT want it to connect automatically?

1 Like

I’m not really interesting in WiFi. I use it only time by time for YouTube or radio. All the other services are typical for the US but not for Germany. I have no need for extra movie information. WiFi slows down my box and that I want to avoid.

Is it possible to move over this post  to right forum or must I open a new topic there?

I’ve sent the moderators a request to relocate it…

1 Like

x