WDTV stops playing files after few minutes

Hi everyone, 

I just joined this forum, but I have been using WDTV Live for almost a year. 

Suddenly it started to give me problems. 

WDTV is connected to ethernet cable. Qnap NAS is also connected to same network. I usualy play movies form NAS. 

Never had any problems with it, but just recently downloaded few movie series and problems started. 

File types: avi, mp4, mkv .

Some start playing with no problem, stops after 2-3 minuts, exits to file listing.

Some do the same but play to around half of the movie 15-20 minuts.

Copied to USB, not much changed but some played all the way to the end, but in 95% of cases it stops and hangs like a pause.

I was so frustrated I tried to convert avi to mp4 on Mac using Handbreak. Copied output to USB and NAS, same thing.

Updated to newest Firmware, no difference what so ever.

I did not have had enough time to check if my old movies are doing the same. I tried 2 files. One was ok, second (used to be ok) did same thing, stoped playing half a way through. 

I’m a bit lost. Any suggestion? Anyone with simmular problems? 

Thanks for help in advance,

Leree77

Welcome to the Community.

Did anything change before this issue? Have you tried a factory reset? 

I did try factory reset - did not work, no change.

Finally I gave up and few minutes ago I downgraded to 1.16.13. Trying if this might help.

So far seems promising. Movies form NAS Media Library that were giving me problems play smooth and do not stop 2-5 minutes from the start.

I will keep you posted about USB avi files. BTW. I noticed that entire device started to hang/freez usualy 25-30 minuts from the movie start. After downgrade it did not happend yet.

Sounds like a firware issue. Try rolling back to the older firmware. Check a few posts up.

Rollback was a full succes! Everything works perfect again! 

Thanks for help and moral support :wink: