WDTV 'There is no media in the current folder'

I have a WDTV connected to my BT homehub router via ethernet cable and a mybook live 1TB hard drive also connected to the same router via ethernet cable.  I have lots of music/video files on the drive in separate folders.  I have today added a few new files (video) to a folder and tried to watch the video on the WDTV, but i get the ‘There is no media in the current folder’ error - even though there are 4 files.  It seems to be affecting most of my video folders for some reason.  One folder the WDTV sees the files and as you scroll down to the next page of the list the ‘There is no media in the current folder’ error appears.  

Has anyone any ideas what is causing this.   I have another WDTV box - the new wiress box - this is also doing the same thing.  I have tried a database rescan and that has not helped. 

Help 

Are you trying to access your files using the Media server or as a network share? If you are using the My Book live media server, try accessing the files as a network share, the files might take a while to appear using the media server, since the My Book live has to index the files first. Check page 26 of the manual for more information.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf#page=31

There’s a stupid mistake I keep making because of the way the shares are set up on my NAS - I’m at the top level of my NAS shares which say “Music Video Photo” and I decide to play music and select “Music”. I work down through the folders until I hit the message you’re getting. Most often its because I started off from the wrong selection on the top level WD home menu. In other words, I was watching a video, backed out only as far as the top level shares and then went into the music folder. The WD error message is correct - I have no video media files in my music folders.

I keep forgetting to always go all the way out to the home menu before changing media type…

hopeitfeltgood wrote:

I have a WDTV connected to my BT homehub router via ethernet cable and a mybook live 1TB hard drive also connected to the same router via ethernet cable.  I have lots of music/video files on the drive in separate folders.  I have today added a few new files (video) to a folder and tried to watch the video on the WDTV, but i get the ‘There is no media in the current folder’ error - even though there are 4 files.  It seems to be affecting most of my video folders for some reason.  One folder the WDTV sees the files and as you scroll down to the next page of the list the ‘There is no media in the current folder’ error appears.  

Has anyone any ideas what is causing this.   I have another WDTV box - the new wiress box - this is also doing the same thing.  I have tried a database rescan and that has not helped. 

Help