WDTV Live with 4tb Seagate HDD

Can anyone tell me how they got the 4tb HDD working with the media player?  I just purchased WD TV Live HD Streaming Media Player 1080P WDBHG70000NBK with Wifi, and have a 4tb seagate backup plus HDD and the player will not recognize it. I just updated to the latest firmware as well. 

Thank you for your help. 

I saw this thread, would this work with a 4tb as well?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Media-player-does-not-recognise-my-Seagate-Backup-Plus-Slim-2TB/td-p/707754

Suggest you connect the drive to a windows computer and check the drive for errors. Windows Explorer>properties>tools>Check Now>automatically fix file system errors.

The drive may be flagged as “dirty” and need to have the flag reset by the Error check.  The WD can be picky about this.be sure to “safely remove” the drive by the OS before unplugging.  In windows use either the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” in the applet bar. On the WDTV use the “Eject” button on the remote.

edsonbsb wrote:

Suggest you connect the drive to a windows computer and check the drive for errors. Windows Explorer>properties>tools>Check Now>automatically fix file system errors.

The drive may be flagged as “dirty” and need to have the flag reset by the Error check.  The WD can be picky about this.be sure to “safely remove” the drive by the OS before unplugging.  In windows use either the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” in the applet bar. On the WDTV use the “Eject” button on the remote.

edsonbsb at least give me credit if you are going to copy my post verbatum.

credits for the guy. It works  very well