WDTV Live unable to reestablish wireless connection from cold boot

When coming up from a full shutdown (not powersaving mode – that works just fine), the TV Live can not reconnect to the wireless network, unless I restart the router after the TV Live is powered on.

I’ve been keeping my firmware upgraded at each release, and have had this issue persisting for quite some time. However, the two-stage process for upgrading to the latest (2.01) firmware involves a full reboot between stages, and it failed repeatedly to retreive the second stage. I was finally able to get it to succeed by rebooting the router while the TV Live was tryin to connect.

I’m using a Netgear wireless G (WRG614v10) router. It’s not particularly high quality, and I would not challenge anyone who tells my that this is the issue. However, I’ve not had any problems with any other device. So, has anyone had a similar experience, or any suggestions to try out before I blame/replace the router?

I think your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/bd-p/streaming_discussions

Oh, I think you’re right. I thought the Streaming Media Player was a new/different model. I must have been thinking of WD TV Play.