WDTV Live not recognised by Sharp,Panasonic and some other makes of TV

1. I have the same issue on my WD live streaming media player connecting to Sony TV (200Hz). The “Auto” fetaure on Video settings never worked for me and only composite PAL worked. After lot of trawling thru web and trying various settings, I figured that manually setting video output to 1080p resolved the issue.
  2. Then had audio breaking issues in all type of movie formats and was driving me crazy. After many months of trawling thru the web and trying various settings, I figured it out that the issue was due to the WD output frequency. Hence I choosed 1080p 50HZ and resolved the issue - though WD support advised me to return the unit and get an replacement, which I was sure would have had the same issue.
  3. This all seemed to be going fine until yesterday when suddenly the HDMI output stopped working and WD live streaming media player switched back to Composite PAL. I tried setting video output to HDMI (Auto or manual settings) and it reverts back to Composite PAL though it asks me whether to force these settings. I did factory reset, powered TV & WD on & off. But nothing worked for HDMI output though I have latest firmware. All TV HDMI ports & cable seem to be working when I connect my PS3 to TV.

Not sure why WD is unable to get even the basic functionalities right and this HDMI output issue is driving me nuts… Any idea how to fix it??