WDTV Live + WD MyCloud - Problem Getting Content Info

Hi folks,

As the title says…

I used to have a USB HDD attached to my WDTV Live, and I was able to retrieve content info for my movies and TV shows - to show the background art, movie title, synopsis, director, runtime, cast etc. 

I’ve recently upgraded to a 3TB MyCloud, and have moved all my media onto this, but now I no longer have the option to ‘Get Content Info’ for any of the files - previously achieved by highlighting a file on the WDTV Live and pressing ‘Options’ on the remote. The Media Library is turned ON, I’ve cleared the library to start afresh with no difference. The media itself streams fine from the MyCloud - with one or two minor exceptions that appeared to be fixed by copying the data over again.

I’m probably missing something really obvious but would appreciate any advice you might have. 

Same setup as you, I’ve never been able to get that to work. I use WDTVhubgen to create content info. https://wdtvhubgen.codeplex.com/

preyalone wrote:

Hi folks,

The Media Library is turned ON, I’ve cleared the library to start afresh with no difference. 

The media library is turned ON, but is it set to be your content source?   (Red Button chooses the content source.)

TonyPh12345 wrote:

The media library is turned ON, but is it set to be your content source?   (Red Button chooses the content source.)

Hi Tony,

Yep - like I said, the MyCloud Media Server is selected as the content source and content plays just fine.

Sorry, i don’t own a MyCloud … but, have you added the Network Share to the Media Library ?

Then, after it’s been added and all the info (movie plot, posters etc) will be generated (either Manually or Auto … in the settings)

then you Select the RED content source button “My Media Library”

preyalone wrote:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Hi Tony,

Yep - like I said, the MyCloud Media Server is selected as the content source and content plays just fine.

That’s not what I said, and that’s not what you said.  ;)  I said “My Media Library,”  not “Media Server.”

Media Servers cannot do Content Info.   You MUST use Network Shares-based Media Library shares as Joey demonstrates above.

JoeySmyth wrote:

Sorry, i don’t own a MyCloud … but, have you added the Network Share to the Media Library ?

Then, after it’s been added and all the info (movie plot, posters etc) will be generated (either Manually or Auto … in the settings)

then you Select the RED content source button “My Media Library”

Ah OK this might be where I was going wrong as I was selecting Media Server rather than network share.

So would this work with a the MyCloud NAS drive? The WDTV Live can find the content just fine if Media SERVER is selected as content source. Previously when I tried to add network shares it asked for a username and password… which I haven’t set up…

Yes, it should be ok when using  “Network Shares”   if you havent setup any passwords, then on the WDTV leave the password and login as default … tick the “Remember Me” box then click on the arrow on the right.

If you have any probs search the forum…  (i don’t use network / media shares … i’ve only tinkered with them)