WDTV Live Streaming and Bluray playback

How many of you run the wdtv live streaming through a wired network? Can you stream bluray disc files (.m2ts) without problems loading menus and everything?

Thanks!

I don’t stream them through DLNA, but I could if I wanted - I play movies through a shared network drive. I have a wired network and have watched many bluy ray .ts/m2ts files without problems. You will have a problem if you re-encode a HD film that has a video bitrate higher than 50Mbps.

I found that out the hard way. As BD is already encoded to its most perfect viewing state just use the file.

I use tsmuxer GUi to load the .mlps file (which is the playlist). Then remux it as one .ts file. 

No problem with MKV high bitrate rips either.

I stream with windows filesharing from my PC. No problems.

prankstare wrote:

How many of you run the wdtv live streaming through a wired network? Can you stream bluray disc files (.m2ts) without problems loading menus and everything?

Thanks!

Not possible.

No media player I’m aware of (that doesn’t also have Cinavia DRM) supports menus.

Well thanks guys for the input!

I also have another question with regards to wireless and bit rate throughput: for example, for now I have the wdtv connected to a wireless ‘N’ router (300Mbps theoretical with only 2 omni-directional antennas) and I can stream my own ripped DVD .ISOs fine but not pure bluray rips. So the question would be can a wireless ‘AC’ router handle such high bitrates for seamless bluray streaming? And I’m well aware the wdtv only has an ‘N’ adapter but has someone actually tested this further to see if there’s little or any gain at all from using a faster wireless technology? I was thinking about replacing my 4-year-old wireless ‘N’ router but quite frankly I can’t see why if it won’t allow me to stream something as high-profile as pure bluray files.