WDTV Live SMP does not recognize my 3TB Seagate Backup Plus drive

Hi everyone,

I hope someone can help me with a strange problem I am having. The player has been working fine with my 3TB Seagate Backup drive. Suddenly, it stopped recognizing the drive after I transferred some media files to the drive using my laptop. I tried resetting the player to its factory default, but it does not help. I connected the drive to another working WDTV Live SMP, but this player also does not recognize the drive. So, I think there must be some problem with the drive. However, the drive works fine when it is connected to my computer. I can see the files and open the files using my computer without any problem. I would really appreciate any help. I would hate to reformat the drive because I have a lot of media files on it.

Suggest you connect the drive to a windows computer and check the drive for errors. Windows Explorer>properties>tools>Check Now>automatically fix file system errors.

The drive may be flagged as “dirty” and need to have the flag reset by the Error check.  The WD can be picky about this.be sure to “safely remove” the drive by the OS before unplugging.  In windows use either the “Safely remove hardware and eject media” in the applet bar. On the WDTV use the “Eject” button on the remote.