WDTV Live 3GEN: Youtube login?

Hi all,

I recently bought a WDTV Live (3rd Generation, newest Firmware 2.01.86). Like it so far, but have problems accessing my account on youtube to access my favorites and playlists. I found that there are two different youtube applications on the device, the first one is simply called Youtube and has a menu option “login” that tells me to open a strange URL on my computer …which I did NOT do. That seems suspicious.

The second one, called “youtube videos” has a proper login/ password dialogue, but I won´t accept my username/pw.

BUT the reason for this might be that years ago when I started with YT I had registered a youtube login while nowadays since google has bought YT I must login with my google credentials and THEN I get a box allowing me to select if I want to use Youtibe with my “old” YT login or with my google login …

So I tried may different things and login combinations but noone seems to work. Can anybody enlightem me how to login to YT?

BONUS question: I have read that it´s not possible to access HD content with the WDTV live box, is that still true for the 3gen Version with latest firmware?

Thanks!

Hello,

Take a look at these links. Hope they help.

Some users are no longer able to log into YouTube accounts on the WD TV Live Media Player 

Why WD TV Live Hub, WD TV Live Plus or WD TV Live no longer stream HD videos over YouTube