WDTV LSMP Audio Problems with certain files

Model WD TV Live SMP - WDBGXT0000NBK-UESN

Connecting to TV with HDMI

Hello,

The audio is either cutting out or not playing at all on some of my files. I have updated the firmware.
and I am aware of this

“On a WD TV Live Hub Media Center or WD TV Live Streaming Media Player, M2TS, MPG, MPEG, and TS video files containing Dolby, DTS, and PCM (above 2 channels) audio display a Not supported error message or play back without audio”

But the files I’m having problems with are .mov QT codec H.264 AAC audio
I’m connecting with HDMI and have tried various options in the audio menu including HDMI only.
The odd thing is that in the file preview window the video and audio seems to works fine

Some files with the same settings above work and others don’t.

Any help will be gratefully received. Thank you.

Hello, if the files used to play fine, try using another HDMI cable, you can also try playing other video format so you can narrow down which one are giving you problems.

Thanks.

Managed to sort it by re-outputting video files at 30fps… Odd, but works and looks fine.

I’m having a similar issue with files that have worked flawlessly up until now. The audio is barely audible over an awful staticky noise. The issue is resolved if I turn the media player off, back on and hit play again for the same file. This has started in the last 2-3 weeks. Firmware is up to date, problem seems to happen with random avi files.