WDLive samba doesnt read file names - lists NA

Strds wrote:

WDlive is unable to read the file name, calls it NA when viewed on the FILE samba list. The crazy thing is when viewed from WDlive/video tab, using dlna, it can see the file name correctly. I can take the same file, put it on a local storage usb drive, when viewed from the WDlive/File tab, it still is unable to read the file name, but if viewed from my computer across the network to the WDLive storage, windos see the file name correctly

That’s a new one – haven’t heard of this issue before.

Are you sure there’s no associated XML file that’s being copied with the file?   N/A is a normal display if the metadata in XML files are incomplete.

Otherwise, it sounds like it might be something wrong in the metadata within the file (though I didn’t think the WD would try to read the internal metadata.)    Depending on the type of file, you can use a metadata editor to delete or correct the info.

As to the FLV issue, FLV is a dodgy container.   It is only supported if the video is h.264 (a/k/a AVC video) and the only supported audio formats are AAC or MP3 audio.    Unless your file matches those conditions, WD won’t do much (if anything) about it.