WDLXTV - Moviesheets Vs Linksheets

@pearl, @JoeySmyth, @KAD79;

Need help!

This is going to be fun.  OK, so I’ve progressed things a little as per my other post over here on the WDLXTV Forum.  I’ll try to keep this as simple as I can…

I downloaded KAD’s FW (2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 * updated 1/13/14), unzipped it, followed all instructions and uploaded it to my SMP - all went ok so far thanks to KAD’s help and the FW version on my SMP now reads 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4.

I then started to tidy up one movie folder as per your suggestion @pearl I didn’t go and tidy everything up until I know I have everything working as intended - as it will take days to do that.

I downloaded the GBBM Theme and TG.  I opened TG and applied/uploaded the GBBM Theme to it.  All ok - see two photos below (and minor queries within each photo).

TG produced two jpg’s (one called ‘Despicable Me 2.jpg’ and the other called ‘Despicable Me 2.mkv_sheet.jpg’).

I renamed the former to ‘Despicable Me 2’ and the latter to ‘Despicable Me 2.mkv’ - as per the instructions on this forum.

I then took my thumb drive which currently has the following four files placed on the root (as per KAD’s instructions here

wdlxtv-palace.bin

wdtvlivegen3.bin.mpm

runsit.sh

wdtvlivegen3.bin.mpm.sha1sum

To that root on the thumb drive I added a ‘new folder’ and renamed it ‘GBBM Theme’.  I copied both folders and all 65 XML documents from the ‘goodbye Black Mamba Theme’ folder (included in DeVicious’s download and as per the instructions.)

I then copied both renamed ‘Despicable Me2’ files (mentioned above) to this theme folder which is still on the root of my thumb drive.  I turned off my WDTV Live, inserted the thumb drive into the rear USB slot and powered it back on.

When my SMP comes back online, I still have the old (stock) desktop appearance (as if nothing has changed) and there’s no sign of a cool looking GBBM UI?

To my knowledge, I’ve followed all instructions correctly thus far - yet from the image my TV displays - I’ve just wasted a few hours as everything is the exact same - even though it still says I’m running the 2.01.86-EXT3_Palace_Stock_Plus-0.0.4 FW?

As per my last post over on the WDLXTV Forum here, I had two main queries. (a) Did I rename the “.theme” folder correctly (instructions not entirely clear for a Noob)? And (b) Do I still need to download some WDTVLX FW or something?  i.e. When I log onto my SMP via IE (192.168.x.x) I still get the old (stock) UI and not some WDLXTV UI?

Anything else I have/am doing wrong - please weigh in.  (I currently have an expensive paperweight).  I know this predominantly relates to custom FW, but you have all been very helpful to date and I don’t know if @pearl and @JoeySmyth  are members of the other forum - hence the post here looking for help.

As a ‘thank you’ to the community when I get this completed and working properly, I am going to post a comprehensive list of links and instructions with step-by-step guidance for all NOOBS out there - written from the viewpoibnt of a NOOB.  Hopefully it will help everyone in my situation and avoid so many question to you guys/gals.

Again, many thanks for your help in advance.

1 Like