WD TV live having trouble recognizing WD-2TB-USB2 but not WD-3TB-USB3

Hi all. I am having a problem with my WD TV live. I cannot make it recognize my WD My Book Essential 2 TB drive (USB2). I am stuck because my HD is actually a WDBAAFxxxxxxx, which is shown in the supported list of HD for WD TV live. Incidentally, the WD TV live recognizes fine USB pen drives, and even my newer WD My Book Essential 3 TB drive (USB3)! I updated firmware on WD TV live (1.06.15) and on my 2TB drive (2.something), power cycled, restarted, plugged and unplugged in the back and front USB port, but still no joy :frowning: on my PC both drives work fine). Any help will be much appreciated!

I forgot to mention that both HDs are formatted under NTFS (which I don’t think it matter since one is detected and the other not). The only thing I haven’t tried is restore the TV live to factory settings. Will try it now and report back.

Resetting the TV Live did not help.

The last thing I would like to add is that my 2TB drive is nearly full (not the case with my 3TB drive) and has those 4 LED lights on the case indicating space usage.  These LEDs don’t light up when I connect the drive to the TV live (contrary to what happens when I connect it to my PC).  They only light up when I disconnect the drive from the PC and connect it to the TV live.  If the drive is not connected to the PC before (say from cold start), then the LEDs don’t light up.  But still this does not appear to affect recognition of the drive by the TV live.

And lastly, the only other difference between the two drives, which I see when I connect them to my PC, is that the 2TB shows up as 2 devices (drive and virtual CD with Smartware) whereas the 3TB drive shows only as a drive. Not sure if this affects recognition by the TV live, and if so, how can I resolve it.

I am desperate for a solution…

Removing some content from the 2TB drive (now to 80% capacity instead of nearly 100%) did not help.

Disabling the Virtual CD did not help either.

Any ideas???