Occasional Contributor

WD TV Live won't connect to internet

Hello!

I just bought the new WD TV Live media player and it won't connect to the internet.  It shows my wireless netowrk in the available wireless networks screen but after I enter my password it says "Wireless Network Not Found - Please make sure that you have entered the wireless network name and password correctly".  

I have the old WD TV Live Plus and it connects to the same netowrk without any issues.  I actually re-setup my old box just to make sure and it connected without any problems.

I have read through the forums and surfed the web for answers but can't find anything.

I have:

- checked and rechecked the password

- updated the latest firmware

- done a factroy reset

Connecting directly to my ethernet is not an option and it shouldn't have to be since the old box connects wirelessly.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kevin

Occasional Contributor

Re: WD TV Live won't connect to internet

Oh, and I'm on a Mac.

I just turned off the security for our wireless network and it connected!  Of course, I can't keep it like this.

Kevin

Occasional Visitor

The network can be a bit shady with the old firmware versions, might depend on the router. Try to download new firmware and installing it manually via the USB-port. Just put the extracted files on the root of the USB-device and put it in, you'll know what to do next.

Occasional Contributor

Yeah, tried that. I'm using the latest firmware.

Since I was able to connect with no password protection on my wifi I'm sure it has something to do with my wifi setting on the Mac.
Forums | Ideas | News and Announcements | Register | Sign in | Help | Forum Guidelines
Copyright © 2001 - 2015 Western Digital Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. | Trademarks | Privacy | Community Terms of Service | Site Terms of Use | Copyright | Contact WD