WD TV Live - keeps 'disappearing' from view

My os is Win7.

I’ve been using my device for a long time without any problems. However, of late it just seems to disappear off the radar (off the wireless network).

I have the device connected to my TV and I have 2 HDs connected to it. Viewing media from the HDs is not, normally, a problem although from time to time the device ‘freezes’ and the only way to clear it is to disconnect/re-connect. Sometimes media - I think only MKV files - also freezes but, if left for around 30 seconds it will start again although the video goes fast forward to catch up with the audio which seems to have been still running.

However my main problem occurs when I want to transfer files from my PC to one of the device connected HDs. In Windows explorer when I click on Network I expect to see the WD device and then the connected HDs but this no longer happens. Sometimes it’s there but more often than not it’s not. Sometimes a disconnect/re-connect seems to wake it up but not always.

The WD Discovery program seems to have the same problem, sometimes it will find the device at other times not. If it does find the device and I map the network drives there’s no saying how long they will stay there before disappearing and showing in Windows Explorer with a red cross.

As I result I have to keep disconnecting my HDs reconnecting them to the PC transfer files and attach them once more. A bit of a pain and it defeats the point of having the wireless version of the Media Player.

Incidentally there is nothing wrong with my wireless network, the other connected devices, 6, experience no problems whatsoever.

Anybody, anywhere got any ideas what the problem might be?

Simon

I think your problem is your wireless network, even though you don’t.  Let’s see if anyone else agrees with me.