WD TV Live forgets HDMI settings

Hey

I just got myself a WD TV Live and i love it, it works so perfect for me, but my only problem is that i use these settings with my “Sony KDL40-W5500”

HDMI settings:

1080p (60hz)

RGB High

8bit

my problem is that everytime i turn off the box and turn it on, then my RGB High setting is forgot and the screeen is way too bright because ive adjusted my TV to the RGB High settings… how come it keeps forgetting? and please ask if you need anymore info to help solve my problem…

thank you for letting me take your time.

Best regards

benno1989

It could be that your TV is signalling back to the WD that your TV doesn’t support RGB High, so the WD switches back to Low to avoid a situation where you may not get ANY picture.

Others have reported the same thing, so I don’t know if it’s a bug or just “the way it is…”

Thank you for your reply and yeah ive been thinking the same thing about the TV and the Box, thats why i wrote my model down in the first place in case someone knew if it was a specific issue with my kind of TV… I’ve also seen some forum post with the same problems, the only reason i made this topic was because i noticed they were from earlier firmware updates and i thought “hey maybe they have fixed some of it, but not the case with my problem yet”

anyway i hope there will be a solution, right now im just using RGB Low and then turned down the brightness, but when knowing you are not using full potential of your setup - then you keep thinking about it :wink: and there is a little difference in the picture as well…

Same to me. I don’t think is the TV because I am using 720p 60 Hz RGB high and I used the same with another media player and it did as well, but SMP doesn’t save the config.

IMHO, even if the TV does NOT support it, it should still allow the user to manually configure ANYTHING and have it saved.   Of course, that’d put the user at risk, but there’s ways of fixing it if it does render the box undisplayable.

It’s just a theory that it’s doing it because of the TV’s EDID data.  But you’d have to look at the TV’s EDID data to see what it’s telling the WD  (there’s instructions in the HUB forum on how to do that – I posted them last year.)

Hi

I have a Panasonic TX-P50U20 Plasma with WDTV Live Streaming.

When I turn off and back on the WD the video settings goes back to low RGB.

No problem with High RGB no reason why it should deny it.

Is there any option to fix this? Every single time we would like to watch something I have to go to the video settings and set this back to normal. :frowning:

Never had this problem with the old PCH a110.

Forgot to mention that my version is the Gen3.

Checked out other forums, unfortunately b-rad fw won’t work with this. That has the forcehdmi option which enables rgb high no matter what edid says. :frowning:

Please fix this. I dont wanna sell my device. :frowning: