WD TV Live and WD MyBook Live setup

Thanks for the replies.

I’ve made some definite progress. Right now I’m using Handbrake to rip my library to the WD MyBookLive in .mkv format, and I’ve got a large number of them done. 

The WDTV Live is now running mojo as a theme.

I’m generating my images and xml files using ThumbGen and I’m pretty happy with the results overall.

I now have two more new questions.

1. When displaying the moviesheet, the background changes and shows different images from the metadata. One of those images is the disc cover. That typically looks horrible as a background and I’d like to NOT have it as one of the images for that background slideshow. Unfortunately, it looks like that image is the same one used in conjunction with the moviesheet, so I don’t think I can just delete that file or I won’t have a disc cover on the movie sheet?

2. All of my metadata appears to be getting pulled into the xml file great. It’s using IMDB and the art, the description, the genre, etc is all there and working well. The one exception is the actor field. It always displays “N/A” even when I’ve looked at the xml file and the data is all there. I’d like to be able to search my movies by actor and right now, the actors are all in one row (ie: Actor 1/Actor 2/Actor 3/Actor 4) so searching returns a long string of actors, all separated with the slash. That means I can’t narrow the seach down to one actor and see all of their movies. I can only see the movies where the list of actors is the exact same…which is almost never. How can I get the actors to display individually? I started breaking them down into their own lines (ie: Actor 1  Actor 2) but it appears to only return the first actor in search results.