WD TV Live and HD enclosure or Docking

Hello. I have a WD TV Live and I would like to directly connect my 3.5-inch Hard Disk where there are videos. The ability of HD is 3TB. I would like to know if there is a docking station to connect the USB to WD and put in the HD or a cabinet where to use in this case the system JBOD so to display a single volume.   Thank You.

Hello and welcome to the community.

Only a few WD drives support JBOD. None of then connects through USB. They are all NAS drives.

Check out the network section of our drives to verify the one that suits you the most.

My Cloud Mirror

My Cloud EX2

My Cloud EX4

Thank you, the problem is that the NAS can not display covers and movie information, if I click on the file .mkv not I get the voice get info and consequently not download metadata.

YakumoFujii wrote:
Thank you, the problem is that the NAS can not display covers and movie information

Who told you that???

YakumoFujii wrote:
if I click on the file .mkv not I get the voice get info and consequently not download metadata.

I’m sorry – I don’t understand that.

Thank You. How do I see the cover of the film from the NAS? They come out only when I connect my HD via USB directly to WD.

YakumoFujii wrote:

Thank You. How do I see the cover of the film from the NAS? They come out only when I connect my HD via USB directly to WD.

If you’re using Network Shares mode, the WD TV manual explains that.

If you’re using Media Server mode, you’d need to check the documentation for your media server.