WD TV Live & HDHomeRun Prime

Howdy,

I’ve had this media player (WDBABX0000NBK-NESN) for a few years now which works perfectly with the HDHomerun Prime streaming live tv.  The only issue is the 30 plus seconds it takes to start streaming.

I decided it was time to upgarde and got a new player (WDBHG70000NBK-HESN).  When watching live tv with the new media player it would cut out every half hour or so followed by this message.  “Content Source Not Found”  “The previously selected content source has been disconnected.  Would you like to browse a different source.”  

I’ve never had this issue with the old player so it’s a bit baffling why I would now have this issue with the new one.  Has anyone else experienced this and found a way to fix it?  I’m thinking maybe I got a bad one and I should exchange it before the 30 day deadline.

Before deeming the unit as failed make sure to troubleshoot any network connectivity issues.

Switchfrom wireless to wired for better connectivity if using the former.

I went from wireless to wire and now I’m constantly getting this other error.  “Unable to play the selected file. Please see the user manual for a list of supported file formats.”  Huh?  Its the same channel I was watching yesterday, whats the problem now???  

When it plays it works fine but when I get that error message nothing works.  I restart the unit, I reset the unit but nothing seems to work.  Any other suggestions?  The WDTV is also up to date.  

I would love to use the HDHomeRun Prime with my WDTV Lives. 

I have had the HDHomeRun Prime for a year and half now and love it.  But how do you access it through the WDTV Live.  As a media server?  and how does one change channels? 

Go to Video → Media Server then scroll through and you should see HDHomerun DLNA Tuner.  

To change channels, simply hit the back button and it will take you back to the channel lineup.  You will not be able to watch protected channels (HBO etc) with the WDTV.    

I returned the WDTV and I’m now going to try the Ceton Echo.  Good luck man.   

Thanks RudeX. I will give that a try. 

Man, I love my HD Homerun box.  Its awesome to be able to tape 1080i 5.1 DD video