WD TV Live Streaming Media Player

Hi, im looking to purchase this product, it quotes dts 2.0+Digital Out, if i connect this product to my Theatre Amp will the sound come through in surround sound 5.1 or 2 channel only?

SpongeBob789 wrote:

Hi, im looking to purchase this product, it quotes dts 2.0+Digital Out, if i connect this product to my Theatre Amp will the sound come through in surround sound 5.1 or 2 channel only?

It has s/pdif (optical) out for connection to amp. If used then 5.1 provided your amp has optical in.

Cheers

SpongeBob789 wrote:

Hi, im looking to purchase this product, it quotes dts 2.0+Digital Out, if i connect this product to my Theatre Amp will the sound come through in surround sound 5.1 or 2 channel only

It depends on the Settings you choose in the Audio Output

Selecting “Stereo” will give you 2.0 through your AMP (via HDMI or Optical) and TV simultaneously

Selecting “Digital Pass-Through via Optical Only” will give you 5.1 + 2.0 through your AMP only *

Selecting “Digital Pass-Through via HDMI Only”    will give you 5.1 + 2.0 through your AMP only *

* If the movie has DTS / AC3 5.1 Channels then it output 5.1 Channels … If the movie has DTS / AC3 2.0 Channels then it will only output 2.0 Channels.

Page 175 of User Manual : http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/UM/ENG/4779-705062.pdf

thank you for your reply