WD TV Live (Gen3) Movie Sheets - loading times

Hi all, 

I just picked up my WD TV device yesterday and I’m in love with it! Up until today, I had been streaming movies through my Xbox 360 or watching them on my PC; the experience so far has been great! It’s become my new toy that I’m trying to figure everything about. 

Apologies if this has already been answered, but I did various google searches and had only found rather outdated questions and answers. Seeing as new firmware has been released since those questions were answered, I wanted to know if there’d been any update on the below. 

I have just finished renaming all of my movies (which took quite some time) and the device was able to find covers for all of my movies. My issue is with the loading time of the movie covers / movie info and the lag when navigating through the movies. 

Whilst it’s not unbearable, it just doesn’t seem fluent. From the research I’ve done, it seems that there’s a workaround by using WDLXTV; however, I want to keep things simple and I’m curious as to whether there’s a certain option I can flick on / off or a way I can go about rectifying this issue with ease. 

Thanks in advance. 

Gianni1,

Welcome to the community.

Make sure that your device is running the latest firmware as this will decrease the processing time of the unit.