WD TV LIVE WDBHG70000NBK and DVD Menus

I cannot get this player to operate a DVD menu.  Is it capable.  I hear mixed message all over the web, plus there are somany different models current and outdated.  Im just trying to get a good answer…  Can the WDTV Live(not plus) handle DVD folders and menus???

djbandit wrote:

I cannot get this player to operate a DVD menu.  Is it capable.  I hear mixed message all over the web

Your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/bd-p/streaming_discussions

*ALL* “Live” media players support DVD menus.   Can’t imagine why you’re seeing mixed messages… There’s absolutely no doubt that they do.

Gotcha …thanks.

I figured it out …WD Live doesnt recognize DVD operation on NAS drive(Mycloud).  Works ok on local drive.

It will if you access it via Network Shares instead of Media Servers…

Thats 2nd thing I thought.  but nope.  Accessing through network shares, it still wont recognize it as a DVD Folder.  It will play each vob file, but not as it should and no DVD Menu navigation. This is with latest firmaware.

I’ve just tried it again on both old and current Live and you’re right. The old Live does not play back menus from network shares, even when the VOBs are inside a VIDEO_TS-folder. But, it does play them from ISOs! And honestly, I don’t know why I would go with several files when I can have them all in one.

Yep you are right!!!..it will play DVD menus from iso…that is the best route for al the reasons you mentioned.