WD Media Player

Hi…first post as you can see :-). Looking to buy a new media player and been told WD has the best ones. I have had problems getting my Hitachi Touro 4TB to work with my old Sumvision Cyclone micro 2+ so wanted to make sure the WD Media Players would work with the Touro ok. Thanks for you help. :slight_smile:

People have reported the WDTV to work with 4TB MBR drives, not sure about GPT though.

I would not worry about it, since we have heard that 4TB drives work OK.  Besides, WD bought the Hitachi drive company a couple of years ago.  If your Touro is a recent one, it has WD-made drives inside, because WD makes the Hitachi 3.5" drives sold under the new name of Hitachi drives: HGST, and HGST makes the 2.5 " drives for both themselves and WD.  This was all detailed in a press release when the merger took place.

Sorry for the late reply. I have ordered the WD Live so will report back on how I get on. Thanks for your help lads. Much appreciated.

All set up on the new firmware and works like a dream plugged into the back USB slot.

Yea, another success story!

Try watching youtube without the unit rebooting after every video.  I’d be interested to hear how that works for you.