WD Live TV won't stop playing after about 30 mins

After a reset both with the System interface and the reset button the player can be set up to play a video from my network drives.

After playing it for about 30 mins pressing the pause the video continues to play. Even using the back button the video will play in the background even though its displaying the previous video. If I turn the Player off and back on it will still be playing the video. The only way to fix the problem is to turn the power off and back on again or do a reset.

I thought that I had it sorted out because for awhile I used a different wireless connection and there was no problems however that doesnt work anymore. I have even tried the wired connection with the same results. The unit is now vertually unusable unless I want just to watch 1 video without pausing it.

Anyone got any ideas besides doing a factory reset everytime to watch a video

Are you connecting to the media on your network drive as a Windows Share or as a Media Server (DLNA)?

The reason I ask is that I have experienced this a few time connecting as a media server, same exact thing, movie even still playing in the backround. I have never had this problem connecting over network shares. I have not been able to solve it since it os intermittant for me and not very often, so I cannot replicate the problem.

So network share or media server?

-P