WD Live SMP double metadata with Mojo

No, Sorry to be confusing but my setup was previously organised for MB3, with XML’s downloaded as “movie.xml” in each

folder, with coverart and backdrops as below 

NAS\Bluray Movies\Avatar\ Avatar.mkv

\folder.jpg

\movie.xml

]backdrop.jpg

now it has as above but also

\Avatar.xml

\Avatar._sheet

\Avatar.mkv.tgmd  

etc with cover and fanart also so labeled,

My question is, after creating moviesheets with covers and fanart and xmls and tgmd info specifically for the WD Live SMP, I am getting both xmls read during gallery view, leading to 2 lots of text (both titles and movie info) and is there a way for me to only have the moviesheet displayed?

Thanks

I would suggest taking a screenshot and uploading it here so we can see what you’re seeing.

A picture says a thousand words (and your problem will get resolved more quickly)

In order to bind a key to enable Capture Snapshot functionality please follow the instructions below:

1. Browse to Setup on your WD TV device.
  2. Select Operation.
  3. Select Remote Settings.
  4. Select the button you wish to bind the Capture Screenshot feature to. It may be bound to the remote buttons A, B, C, D, or 0 through 9.
  5. Select Capture Snapshot.
  6. Pressing the specified key will result in a snapshot being taken.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8643/~/capture-snapshot-feature-on-a-wd-tv-live-hub-and-live-streaming-media-player-is

1 Like

Thanks Joey, I would like to do that but the wdtv is a present for myself that the wife doesn’t know about;)

I can’t bring it out now to take a snapshot, however,

I can tell you the first metadata has green titles and flashes up almost immediately and then behind it the moviesheet that I created (with same title but in white) comes up about 1-2 seconds later…when I do get a chance to take a snapshot will post, however that could be a 3-4 days away until I officialy celebrate my birthday …or get up the courage to come clean;)

Cheers

ok, no probs … can you post a Mojo Moviesheet that you have created then ?

Correct me if i’m wrong … You are using “Mojo for SMP” Correct ?

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Mojo-for-the-SMP-Updated-9-29-12/td-p/287022

If you are, the Movie information is not “Hard Coded” on the Moviesheet. The Movie Info is displayed via Metadata XML

If you’re getting “Double Text” then you’re using a Moviesheet which has hardcoded info on it (Which then is… not a Mojo Moviesheet)

eg. This “Mojo” Screenshot is displaying all the info from the Metadata contained in the Movie XML file

The “Mojo” Moviesheets you should be generating should look like this…

(No Hard Coded movie information)

1 Like

okay thanks Joey, Yes using Mojo for SMP, what I have done is generate three images, one moviesheet as such Walking.With.Dinosaurs.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264-BLOW_sheet.jpg

then with mojo glass sheet I would get as the extra sheet this Walking.With.Dinosaurs.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264-BLOW.jpg

then as tw no cover smp template would generate the cover such as  

So from what you are saying I believe I shouldn’t generate the first image as it hard codes the xml file I will be using anyway, which seems to be the case as I get the green title like your Amazing spiderman image and then 1-2 seconds later I get the white bold title as I listed above.

Does that sound correct, I should only be generating the glass sheet and cover through thumbgen?

Thanks again for your help

The 1ST Moviesheet you are Generating is a “Default Thumbgen” Moviesheet … (Nothing to do with Mojo Theme)

So No, you should Not be creating / using this Moviesheet with the “Mojo” Theme

The 2ND Moviesheet (Mojo Glass) is the Correct one (and only one) you should be creating and using with “Mojo” Theme

Mojo Glass should be set in Thumbgen as your “Main Moviesheet”

To get an idea how Mojo should look / work … check out one of Tinwarbles Youtube Videos …

eg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXuyGiIATMc

Thanks Joey, Got that sorted, but the covers are not showing now, is there a setting I am missing in Thumbgen?

eg 

Ignore the fact the backdrop hasn’t loaded…I was a bit fast with the snapshot…it does load for all titles but I am only getting the film reel icon instead of covers, and here is a snapshot of the “Up” folder with metadata and movie files…

And here is a snapshot of my Thumbgen options showing moviesheet and extra moviesheet and thumbnails

So the spare moviesheet is generated using the TW No Cover for smp template as per Tinwarble’s instructions, and the main moviesheet contains the background which then gets the xml written onto it.

Thanks again for your time and patience, once I have this sorted I can go through my collection building the sheets for my new present :slight_smile:

Cheers

you need to have a thumbnail for UP 3D-Half SBS.mkv

(the Extra Moviesheet is used for the Reflection Thumbnails if you wish to have them. If you wish to have normal thumbs… just untick the box… but keep the Thumbnail box ticked and make sure $M$N   … nothing else after this code)

eg.  UP 3D-Half SBS.jpg

UP 3D-Half SBS_cover.jpg

UP 3D-Half SBS_thumb.jpg

Will not display

As per the guide you must have the 4 files in red

If you dont, Double check the input/output naming

Thanks Joey, somehow my settings had sent the cover as a spare sheet outside the movie folder, so it’s all good now. Appreciate your help

Joey, I have since found out if I use xmls for WDTV Live, then my Mediabrowser on the HTPC uses the same but can’t actually read that xml so I lose the metadata on my main machine. This means even though I did all the work and your comments helped me fix the problems with Thumbgen, I can’t use moviesheets for my WDTV.

I noticed you developed the Alaska Resurface mix for the SMP, do you think that’s my best bet if I can’t use metadata, then I should try to have my screen populated as much as possible by poster art…it’s only going to be my backup player and I kind of know all my movies anyway…what do you think?

Thanks again for your help

Mixing 2 different Devices with 2 Different Software Applications … you will run into compatabilty issues

Disregard my Alaska theme … it use’s xml metadata

The one thing i’m thinking though as a possible solution …

Thumbgen and Hub/SMP created xml metadata has the opening and closing tags inside

eg.

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8”?>

<details>

… info here…

</details>

now… i have tested this on the Live Hub … it will read metadata created by XBMC after renaming NFO to XML

but … metadata has different opening and closing tags inside which the Live Hub will display

eg.

<?xml version=“1.0” encoding=“UTF-8” standalone=“yes” ?>
<movie>

… info here…

</movie>

So, what i’m saying is … if your Mediabrowser 3 is strict with the open/close tags (and doesent recognise the opening tag) you may be able to Batch replace the Tags with something Mediabrowser 3 Will accept … and hopefully the WDTV will accept it as well (since the above worked… the WD may recognise MB3 tags)

textrep can batch replace tags in seconds (for 1000’s of xmls) example of usage here

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Remove-Fan-Art/m-p/559353/highlight/true#M20098

Can you please post the Metadata text created by Mediabrowser 3 so i can further test this theory

Thanks Joey, Really appreciate your time and effort in helping see if I can break this hardware/software impasse.

I actually use Media Centre Master as my scraper and it saves the metadata as “movie.xml”

I have uploaded the 2 guns movie xml as follows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFd244dTVjZ1Zqc28/edit?usp=sharing

What happens in MB3 is I get the backdrop and cover, and discart to show, but no synopsis or studio icons.

see also  http://mediabrowser3.com/community/index.php?/topic/5575-metadata-not-showing-with-wdtv-live-xml/

Thanks again

Ok, thoughts…

1.       is not compatible with the WDTV (my Live hub won’t display it)

1. Re-reading you 2nd post on this thread

No, Sorry to be confusing but my setup was previously organised for MB3, with XML’s downloaded as “movie.xml” in each

folder, with coverart and backdrops as below 

NAS\Bluray Movies\Avatar\ Avatar.mkv

\folder.jpg

\movie.xml

]backdrop.jpg

now it has as above but also

\Avatar.xml

\Avatar._sheet

\Avatar.mkv.tgmd 

I have since found out if I use xmls for WDTV Live, then my Mediabrowser on the HTPC uses the same but can’t actually read that xml

Shouldn’t Mediabrowser be looking at the “movie.xml” ?

Wierd, maybe try renaming one of your WDTV xmls to and see if MB3 ignores it

That’s all i can think of … unfortunatley i don’t use MB3 and know nothing about it  … sorry to waste your time :cry:

Thanks Joey, According to Luke @ MB3 dev team, the filename.xml will take priority over the movie.xml, and since it was doing this, he believes MB3 server was reading the filename.xml, but not actually displaying anything (incompatible), so I think I am screwed…WDTV can’t read the movie.xml and MB3 can’t read the filename.xml…

I tried adding into the first line under the header (before

), and also tried then all the details etc then last line close…still no go MB3 doesn’t ignore it.

Thanks for trying

okay Joey, after a little bit more investigating I have found my tv shows are able to show metadata across both platforms, the difference seems to be TV Shows generate a metadata folder for MB3 and the MCM  metadata as well as thumbnail is placed in here see this 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFaDZhQzE4dDRBVGc/edit?usp=sharing 

then if I ask MCM to create a WDTV Live compatible xml as follows

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6qLrpWrZlFSFBPZnNvS1pJQUU/edit?usp=sharing

it is placed alongside the episodename.mkv

I believe they are the same structure xml files but if two files are in the same location, MB3 takes filename.xml as priority and I lose the metadata across MB3.

I will attempt to place a metadata folder across one of my movies with MB3 info in it and see how that goes across both platforms.

Edit. No MB3 still tried to read the filename.xml and then failed to display content:(

Thanks

This is interesting … (it’s not a complete solution, but it should resolve the plot text)

Just tried the MB3 created movie.xml on the Live Hub and assumed it doesent work … but it does !

“There’s a Catch”

WD Format requires “lowercase”  where as MB3 needs 1st letter Uppercase to display

if i change the above to this …  the movie info is displayed on the WD

Now, this will only resolve the display text for the “Plot” for both devices … (since WD formated xml uses both which isnt read, but is read … you can modify a WD XML to this and you should get Plot Text on both devices.  Make the following changes in the WD XML Red

(<studio> is not used by WD so can you safely change it to <Studio> hopefully it will work with MB3)

<title>300: Rise of an Empire<title> is remed out to avoid any conflicts <rem>300: Rise of an Empire<rem>

(Note: MB3 uses other tags for the plot i noticed … if <Overview> does not work try,

<Synopsis>

<Outline>

<ShortDescription>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<Title>
   <rem>300: Rise of an Empire<rem>
  300: Rise of an Empire
  Based on Frank Miller’s latest graphic novel “Xerxes” and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster “300,” this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield—on the sea—as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. “300: Rise of an Empire” pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.
  <Overview>Based on Frank Miller’s latest graphic novel “Xerxes” and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster “300,” this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield—on the sea—as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. “300: Rise of an Empire” pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy. </Overview>
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zqy21Z29ps
  R
  <imdb_id>tt1253863</imdb_id>
  R
  Action
  Drama

Sullivan Stapleton

Eva Green

Rodrigo Santoro

Jack O’Connell

Callan Mulvey

Andrew Tiernan

Ashraf Barhom

Lena Headey

Noam Murro
  <Studio>Atmosphere Entertainment MM / Cruel & Unusual Films / Hollywood Gang Productions</Studio>

300 Rise of an Empire.mkv
  N/A
</Title>

Note: these changes can also be done in Batch Mode with Textep i posted a couple of posts ago

p.s. Greetings from BrisVegas :wink:

Thanks Joey, You’ve been a great help in narrowing this down, I tried to batch file change “Synopsis” to overview…but the textrep fails about 80% of the time (going to the NAS it gets an access error violation)

But no matter, I have found I can manually change Runtime to runtime, Director to lowercase, Genre as well and synopsis and then rename movie.xml to “filename”.xml and I get it showing across both platforms

It will be time consuming (for about 500 movies), but once it’s done…every new movie I will edit before I transfer to the NAS.

Thanks for this it’s been a huge help in getting my WDTV Live looking similair to my HTPC.

PS The landscapes for your Alaska resurface seem to be a bit blurry where should I look to check the images being supplied?

Thanks again…

Greeting from wollongong;)

No probs :smiley:  kudosstar.png

Shame about textrep … but there are lots of Metadata or XML tag editors out there (I personally would try to find one that works rather than having to grind away at 500 movies.

I haven’t  tried this one but it looks simple

http://inside.uidaho.edu/helpdocs/batch_metadata_modifier_tool.html

What blurry Landscapes are you refering to ?  (please post a picture)

1 Like

Cheers, I tried that ither metadata batch editing tool and it had the same errors, having trouble writing to the NAS i think, anyway, I don’t mind doing the manual editing, as I have also come across some xmls that had huge actual plot spoilers in their synopsis, so I would use the description or plot tag instead.

It will take some time but I prefer to go through manually at my own pace…

Now onto the Alaska Dark 15 thumb…the landscape background seems to be a zoomed and cropped image of the filename.jpg generated from thumbgen see below

another example is   from TV shows folder

Finally…(and sorry to bug you with so many questions…once I can choose and edit it the way it should be done…I promise to be quiet;))

How do I link images to the episodes in the TV shows folder

( I have thumbs for each episode in the metadata folder and also from MCM in the main folder alongside the episodename.mkv).

Cheers, Thanks and Kudos for helping out a newbie with a slightly different problem…

I have a WDTV Live Hub (running old firmware) cache works different (doesent get over-compressed)

So, i would’nt recommend  AlaskaLIGHT_V1.6_15_TBN.zip  for your device

at the very bottom of my theme thread …

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/ALASKA-RESURFACE-REMIX-LIGHT-DARK/td-p/327445

I

I

I

I

I

V

* The “Appearance” of a Landscape “Fanart” image (eg. Gallery View on the Left Side of Screen) is a Vertically Pannned and Top Aligned Image of the Poster
Thumbnail Image.
For Movie/Tv Posters with the Graphic Art Focused at the “Top” and the Title/Text is Vertically Bottom Aligned… this “Simulated” Fanart effect is suitable.
For Movie/Tv Posters with the Graphic Art Focused at the “Bottom” and the Title/Text is Vertically Top Aligned… then does not look so good.
2 Workarounds… Find an Alternate Poster that is Suitable or Custom Design one.

The Alaska Theme was designed a Non Moviesheet / Linksheet theme …

I did experiment with Linksheets as an alternative to the “Landscape” method …

but i got lazy and decided to watch some Movies instead :smiley:

1 Like