WD Discovery

I was assisting a friend setup his WDTV SMP on his home wireless network.  After moving his modem/router to the middle of the home he can now connect his WDTV SMP to the home wireless network.  The next step was to get the WDTV SMP to ‘talk’ with his W7 laptop to enable the exchange of files over the wireless network.

I installed WD Discovery on the laptop and ran the program.  When I opened the program the WD Discovery interface was too large for the pop-screen.  Around 20% of the right hand side of the interface cannot be seen.  All the options can be seen but the ‘button’ is cut off in the middle.

The only ‘workable’ options that can be used are “Configure” and “Create desktop Shortcut”.  The other 3 options (eg Map network Shares etc) are greyed out.  In "Configure I can access the WDTV SMP. 

No WDTV SMP icon or attached drives appear in Windows Explorer.

I have setup several of these players before but I have never experienced this problem before.

I am guessing I have missed a setting somewhere.  Can anyone help?

thomfam wrote:> When I opened the program the WD Discovery interface was too large for the pop-screen.  Around 20% of the right hand side of the interface cannot be seen.  All the options can be seen but the ‘button’ is cut off in the middle.

I discovered what is causing the clipping and posted the solution here (December last year…3rd post from the bottom)

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Discussions/WD-Discovery-Tool/td-p/587709/page/2

Thanks for that Joey I can fix that.

Now any idea on why the buttons are greyed out and what changes I may need to make to allow the laptop to see the drive attached to the WDTV SMP?