Video files not in sequence once metadata added

When I view my video files by connecting thru my tversity mediacenter all videos are listed in order; for example, episode 1,2,3,etc.  However since I have added the metadata and I trying to view via networks shares the videos are listed out of order; example, episode 1,10,11,12,2,21,22,etc.

I tthought changing the number in the title and/or episode_number tags would fix the sequencing (2 to 02) but it did not work.

Breaking Bad Season 2 - 2 Grilled</title

<episode_number>2</episode_number>

I love presentation the metadata allowing for but hate the fact that my TV shows are now out of order.  

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

see Tony’s reply

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/tv-episodes-out-of-order/m-p/290954/highlight/true#M1131

bigpie87 wrote:

When I view my video files by connecting thru my tversity mediacenter all videos are listed in order; for example, episode 1,2,3,etc.  However since I have added the metadata and I trying to view via networks shares the videos are listed out of order; example, episode 1,10,11,12,2,21,22,etc.

I tthought changing the number in the title and/or episode_number tags would fix the sequencing (2 to 02) but it did not work.

Breaking Bad Season 2 - 2 Grilled</title

<episode_number>2</episode_number>

I love presentation the metadata allowing for but hate the fact that my TV shows are now out of order.  

Does anyone have a fix?

Thanks

• *> If you change the xml file’s tag then sorting works fine:> Breaking Bad Season 2 - 02 Grilled> You will have to clear the Media Library (under Settings) and might even have to delete the .wd_tv directory files on the share to get sorting to start showing up properly after the xml change (I don’t recall exactly what has required deleting the files).  It definitely works though (sorts 01, 02, …, 09, 10, etc.).  I wrote a very short shell script to modify episode xml files and I think people have posted Windows solutions in the past (to avoid having to hand-edit each xml file).

Ok… thanks.

Clearing the Media Library worked.

I will look for that shell script but if anyone has it handy, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Mine is for Linux only.  I seem to recall people posting about tools that can search and replace using regular expressions, and that would be what you want.  I don’t use Windows so have no idea what to recommend.

Thats cool… Thanks ncarver