Video Output setting reset?

Ever since the upgrade to 2.01.86 there seem to be a couple of issues with the video output settings. This also appears to be linked to a strange “resetting” issue that seems to occur occasionally.

I configured my WDTVLive to produce 1080p 60hz HDMI output - (Auto / 8 bit). Occasionally, the machine takes a VERY long time to boot up; it’s almost as if it resets itself during the boot up and then it has to start all over again. On top of that, it sometimes reverts back to some default resolution which I think is 720p and I have to go into setup to set the resolution back to my preferred 1080p setting.

I tried setting it to HDMI Auto but I noticed on one 1080p version of an old movie that while it had matched the 1080p output resolution alright, it looked strangely “flickery” and “staccato”, as if the system was rendering the video at something like 10fps. When I forced it to output at 1080p 60hz the output was fine.

Any idea what may be going on, anyone?

Cheers

Just found one possible relevant post, in another thread, by “Tech Flaws”:

“That’s a well-known bug that’s been around for quite some time. With match framerate set to “on”, you usually don’t get this.”

Thing is, I don’t remember ever seeing a “match framerate” option anywhere in the menu. Where would I find that, then?

Ah. Ok. Found it - it only comes up when you pick HDMI “Auto”. Ok - lemme go see how this affects that old movie I spoke about earlier.

Nope - no joy. Set it to HDMI Auto and match video framerate. The movie - a rendering of “The Odd Couple” with Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau - starts with a night time city shot. You can see a bus moving through the scene and then Jack Lemmon walking down the street. And it’s like you’re watching him frame by frame or as a quick succession of stills. Switch to a forced resolution of 1080p at 60hz, and suddenly his movements are smooth as silk. So going “HDMI Auto” is not an option, alas.