Update firmware check and Newsfeeds

With the issues I have I check for updates more than I should.  I tried today and got check network setting error message.  I went to check network and my network is just fine.  I have it wired, but can run wireless too.  I went back and tried update check again and same error message.  Any ideas?

On newsfeeds, does it only update choices with a firmware update?  They still have shows on there that have stopped airing new episodes.  What’s the easiet way to add a show?  I’d like to add TekThing with Patrick and Shannon.  Thanks for any help!

If it’s not updating OTA then try updating via USB

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live_G3

Thanks but I have the latest firmware.  I mean when I go into system settings and have the unit check for a new update it usually says nothing available on I have the latest.  Today it just gives an error and doesn’t connect.  Network is working, I just streamed a show from my office to the den over wired network.  Internet is also working, so who knows.  I just thought someone else might have run into the problem and found a fix.  If this unit didn’t stream so many different types of media, I’d change it out.  I don’t think there’s anything out there that does that piece so well.  I just hate that all the other services are underserved.  I’d like to have Amazon video and music services added and easier ways to add RSS feeds. Oh well, it is what it is…a little clunky box that streams my video pretty well.

RandallFlagg wrote:

Thanks but I have the latest firmware.  I mean when I go into system settings and have the unit check for a new update it usually says nothing available on I have the latest.  Today it just gives an error and doesn’t connect.

Maybe WD are doing maintenance, updating, moving or removing the OTA firmware servers ?

If they (ever) release a New Firmware and it still does not work, then, i would be “worried”

(well, not really, since you can always update firmware via USB)