Update 2.01.86

Looked around and couldnt find anything.

I just upgraded last night to 2.01.86 (WD LIVE TV) no problems with the upgrade. But now when I play a file from my NAS after it few minutes it stops and freezes for a minute then starts to play in very fast forward to plat catch up and then slows to the normal speed. In another few minutes it happens again. This happens repeatedly. Didnt happen before??? Is there something I’m missing?

It also takes a lot longer 3X to load a file. Watching the arrow spin…

Try unplugging your player from power for a few minutes and then resetting to factory defaults from within the setup menu.

Duh! Dont know why I didnt think of that. Just thought it was a bad firmware upgrade. Shouldnt have WD’s the best on the market!!! Thanks appreciate the help.

I have the exact same problem after updating.

I did unplug, wait for 5 minutes, and reset to factory setting.

Still I’m seeing this exact same issue.

(Thinking about reverting to old firmware)

I’m certainly having similar issues that include:

Choppy Playback.  It was not uncommon to have choppy playback or the occasional pausing (streaming issue) before on large files 4gig+, now its happening with 800M files.  What gives?

FileSharing - I have 3 WDTV’s, one “master” where a 2T USB3.0 drive hosts all files.  The other “slave” units connect via “WINDOWS SHARE”.  The dang thing never accepts the log on without me resetting the master unit.  Then the slave medial players can see and connect.  But then, after disconnecting and reconnecting 2 or 3 times, it loosed the login credentials and wont allow the slave units to connect without me resetting the master again. 

Now I have three boxes that used to work PERFECTLY together.  I bragged and got so many people to buy these things.  I bought them for each of my inlaws and even one for my parents (7 units in all).  Now the ones in my own home entertainment enviroment no longer work or function correctly.

Im dissapointed and really bummed.

-Matt