Unable to sort my list when using media server

Hi,

The problem I am having is that when I select the video option from the home screen, all my items within are sorted randomly, please see attached screen grab.

I have just tried the factory reset along with confirming latest software is on the device. This has not solved my problem.

When I selected ‘Video’ for the first time, the window poped up asking me to ‘select data source’ I can see the green ‘sort’ button in the background, but as soon as I selected my Mezzmo Media Server from the list, the button is gone. Does this mean if I am using a media server I cannot sort various items?

Your post is in the wrong forum. This forum is for the 2009 model WDTV Live HD and 2010 model WDTV Live Plus.

The forum for the 2011 WDTV Live Streaming Media Player is here:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-SMP-Discussions/bd-p/streaming_discussions

But to answer your question – the Green button is active only when you’re using the Media Library function, as it depends on the database created with the media library.

my apologies for incorrect forum, I am unsure how to move this???

Just to clarify your response, ‘its only availble when using Media Library function’, do you mean when i plug something like external HDD directly to the unit? So if I am using Server Software (in this case Mezzmo) it is a problem with the server, and not the WDTV unit???

Thanks again

-Ben

som_evil wrote:

my apologies for incorrect forum, I am unsure how to move this???

-Ben

A moderator will likely move the post within 24 hours.

som_evil wrote:

do you mean when i plug something like external HDD directly to the unit? So if I am using Server Software (in this case Mezzmo) it is a problem with the server, and not the WDTV unit???

If your Content Source (Red Button) is set to My Media Library, then the Green button will also be visible.

I don’t know if it’s a problem or not, or even if it can be changed at the Media Server.   In theory, the WD should be able to at least sort things regardless of source.  I just know that with the present system, you can’t sort or filter via the WD menus if you’re using a Media Server.