Two issues with WDTV Live Streaming Media Player Gen. 3 and a suggestion

Currently, after updating the firmware lately, I’m running the mentioned media player with the latest firmware 2.02.32.

Within the services, I can start Aol HD , but it doesn’t load any of its content anymore.

Is this a bug or is Aol HD not available anymore?

Starting at the main screen of the media player, I can, among others, access the services and then I see the overview of them.

Then I choose one of these services (not matter which one) and I get to the overview of the chosen service’s content.

Now, when I go back one step, I should see the overview of the services, again, but in fact, I get to the main screen of the media player.

So, the player jumps two steps backwards instead of just one as it should, wich is extremly annoying, because I always have to start navigating the wanted service all over again and again.

Let me add something else:

If you sell these devices in Germany (it’s probably the same with many different countries),  I think you should add more german services like for instance netzkino.de.

There are as well many websites of computer magazines or TV shows which offer many of their video clips online.

Why not adding some of these to the media player?

If you just have a look at the video add-ons of XBMC, I guess you’ll see what I mean.

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried rolling back to the older firmware version? You can do this by following the steps on the following link. 

How to roll back the firmware on a WD TV Live Hub Media Center, WD TV Live Streaming Media Player, or WD TV Media Player

I just came from the previous firmware 2.01.86 to 2.02.32 and I was having issue 1. and 2. there, too.

But as for 2.01.86, I can at least say, issue 1. wasn’t present there until a few days ago,

so I guess, there’s something wrong with Aol HD itself.

Can anybody confirm this?

EDIT: Actually, what I did is, I moved from 2.01.86 to 2.02.32 and noticed issue 2. then I went back to 2.01.86 and noticed issue 1. and 2. Finally, I moved to 2.02.32 and still had both of these issues.

Now, I don’t know what else to do?

More suggestions are welcome… :slight_smile:

After rolling back to 2.01.86, both of the issues were still present on the player.

So, I got back to 1.16.13 and at least one of the issues was fixed.

I mean, the one where the player jumped two steps backwards did not happen with taht firmware.

But referring to Aol HD , this service did start, but it was still not loading any content.

But the point is I remember Aol HD to be working fine with that firmware.

To me it looks like this service is not available anymore.

Maybe the server is down or the URL has changed, whatsoever…

Can anybody please comment on this, maybe to verify this, just in case what I think is true?

Then I reinstalled the present firmware 2.02.32 and both of the issues were back again.

So, what can I do now, please?

Hi folks, replies are still very welcome! :wink: