Turn off ethernet lights?

Hey, folks don’t “dis” the guy because the blinking lights bother him.  Some of this gear is lit up like …Christmas lights, and it is basically “light overkill”.  Also, some people have no choice but for this stuff to be out in the open where it is really annoying.

As for myself, I am fortunate to have a CAT5 box in a home closet that is centrally located.  So, that is where my router and modem reside; the wireless signal gets past the sheet rock just fine, but so what, the whole house is wired; the wireless is just in case we are to roam around with a laptop, iGadget, etc…  The Motorola DOCSIS modem really looks like Christmas lights, and is so bright it acts as a 5-color night light in the master bedroom closet .

All my home entertainment gear (Incl. WDTV, is tucked away in a vented BDI  6 ft. entertainment cabinent enclosure with smoked glass doors that let the remotes’ “pings” get through, but not much light gets ourt to be a distraction.  There ARE ways to deal with lights on equipment that look like Times Square lit up; ya just gotta find them and see what works best.