Themes - How to

Hey guys,

I’ve had a 2nd gen live for 4 years and used a custom firmware on it. Just got my SMP last week and started playing with it and I saw a couple nice themes on the forum but can’t seem to find an “how to” use them. Maybe it’s me looking with boys eyes but would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

for smp basic theme’s

download theme

type IP address for your SMP in your web browser

upload theme to your SMP

Fernboy61 wrote:

Hey guys,

I’ve had a 2nd gen live for 4 years and used a custom firmware on it. Just got my SMP last week and started playing with it and I saw a couple nice themes on the forum but can’t seem to find an “how to” use them. Maybe it’s me looking with boys eyes but would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction?

Thanks!!

If you are using Internet Explorer to upload theme and have problems, try another browser i.e Google Chrome or Firefox.

Sometimes Internet Explorer doesn’t work as it should.

Cheers

@Fernboy61 here’s a guide (used one of my themes as an example)

To install the theme, download the zip file to your PC, open your web browser (I don’t recommend using IE8 or 9, there have been issues), then type your SMP’s IP address to open the Web UI.  

Type in your password (the default is “admin”), click on the box next to “I accept” and then click on LOGIN, then click on “Appearance”, then click on “Browse” and navigate to where you saved the “AlaskaDARK_V1.2.zip” file, then click on “Open”.

Click on “Submit”, then once the Web UI finishes uploading the theme, on your SMP press “Setup” on your remote, select “Appearance”, then select “User Interface Themes”, select “AlaskaDARK_V1.2” then when prompted select “Apply theme”.

Also to note: in “Appearance” if all you see are Online Themes … press the RED content source button on your remote to select local themes.