TITAN LIVE *1.5.XX Now Available for 2.01.86*

Your welcome RedRooster… I am glad your enjoying the updates of all versions :wink:

I am so happy you updated and releasing with 2x3, 3x5 and your favorite 1x7. Your theme pisses excellence. I don’t use backdrops which probably why it probably ran failry well with 3x5. Thank you so much!

I have been using your 1x7 b/c I wanted the updates and have started to like it, just wish it showed a couple more movies, lol. I think if possible a magic number 12 maybe 3x4 would be perfect.

I do have one question, I never bothered removing the line you suggested for no backdrops b/c my scraper handles it in the xml file. Would removing the line be of any benefit for loading speed?

Hi blazinsmokey,

Thanks for that… I will look into a 3x4… Could be good.

In terms of wether it would run faster without the backdrop I can only assume it would as I like the backdrops so much I have never removed them… Maybe someone that has can answer this for you.

Cheers.

@blazinsmokey

if your movie xml’s have NO     meta tags …

i don’t think removing it it will have any affect

Version 1.5.34 to be uploaded later tonight

Cheers.

1 Like

Dude. You are awesome. I can’t wait to try it.

Hi guys…Sorry for the delay…

Version 1.5.34 download link page 1

Cheers.

1 Like

Hey dribbler, don’t suppose you’ve considered a 3x10 have you? There’d be no room for metadata obviously, and the tv/movie title in blue would still work at the top or in that bottom bar, but it would just be a wall of content with less screen scrolling. :slight_smile:

Not really requesting it(unless its super easy for you! cuz I’d love it), just wondering if you considered playing with the layout of a full screen of covers?

30 thumbnails will be quite slow (and possibly unstable) when scrolling from page to page.

SteArm did a 24 thumbnail page which could easily be ported to Titan Live

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/Themes-SteArm-7-WIP2-14th-January/td-p/432898/page/8

dribbler, been a couple days using the new 3x4. I think it hits the nail right on the head. Good speed and good layout. Thank you for even considering it. Cheers man.

Great theme Dribbler! Thank you for all the hard work you did to build this…it looks great and works well.

I am using the 1.5.35 version and I just had a question. I guess this question is more generic and applies to any theme, but since I am a fan of your work and you know your stuff, your thread seems the most appropriate.

I wanted to know if its possible to add more metadata on the movie info screen. I looked at your guide as well as tries to understand your xml files but its not clear what info wdtv scrapes about the movie. I used to work with ls337 moviesheet on a wdlxtv earlier which downloaded a lot more data eg. imdb ratings, actors, directors, year, video info, audio info, mpaa rating, subtitle into etc (screenshot attached). Understanding that your theme is not moviesheet-based, is it possible to get all this into into the xml file as well? If so, could you let me know the files I would need to modify to display them?

Thanks very much!

kujain wrote:> Understanding that your theme is not moviesheet-based, is it possible to get all this into into the xml file as well? If so, could you let me know the files I would need to modify to display them?

The only way to achieve what you want is use a moviesheet based theme.

Thanks for the quick reply Joey!

From what I understand, for moviesheets, I would need to upload all of the generated moviesheets to the theme folder and upload. But since I have about 2000 movies, they will surely not fall within the 35mb limit. So how would you get around this? I understand that there’s a limited wdlxtv usb hack, but I feel that the official wdtv firmware has much more capabilities and can recognize more formats with better playback controls.

Please help me understand…

Thanks!

1) You would definitely hit the 30MB limit long before you got even close to that many linksheets loaded using the stock firmware. Not even close. 

2) Certainly worth looking into the alternate FW (Much thanks to KAD79 for his incredible work). You may be surprised at the capabilities you would be getting. If understand correctly, the codecs are hard coded on the device, so not firmware dependent. Out of respect for this forum and WD though, you should ask the exact same question on the WDLXTV forum and I am sure you will find all the answers you are looking for. >>  http://forum.wdlxtv.com/

3) Off Topic:  Love to see the Asterix movie sheet! Great stuff. Loved the books as a kid, and have all the animated movies from the late 60s-80s. Hope you have acquired those as well. IMHO the animated ones (In French) blow away the ones with live actors, even with Gérard Depardieu. Goscinny & Uderzo made comics (graphic novels); animation was a perfect medium to get them to the big screen.

Good Luck, the answers you seek are easily found at the right forum

-P

Kujain, your question related to Moviesheets and these are not stored in the theme folder, they are stored in the same folder as your movies. Not all themes use Moviesheets and you don’t need special firmware to display them.

Linksheets however (and they are different from Moviesheets) are stored in the theme folder and this is where the 30MB limit or custom firmware come into play.

ronmaz wrote:

Kujain, your question related to Moviesheets and these are not stored in the theme folder, they are stored in the same folder as your movies. Not all themes use Moviesheets and you don’t need special firmware to display them.

Linksheets however (and they are different from Moviesheets) are stored in the theme folder and this is where the 30MB limit or custom firmware come into play.

Good catch ronmaz, I missunderstood  Kujain’s post. A moviesheet theme uses sheets and XMLs that can stay with the movie. Linksheets go on the WD Device itself. Both types of themes work great, just up to which theme you want to use.:smiley:

-P

1 Like

Hey guys,

I’m having an issue whereby the main menu is just stuck at the bottom of the screen, could someone let me know how I move this to the centre?

Thanks

Hi guys,

Noob here when it comes to the SMP…I am trying out the Titan theme, like it, but have a couple of questions maybe you can answer for me. I have the SMP pointed to my HTPC that stores all my movie RIPs in MKV format. The SMP can see them no problem but when I click on a folder of movies, all I see are the thumbnails of the movie. If I select a movie, I don’t see the movie synopsis or any other facts, just another blank/blue image with a movie projector icon. I see nothing like the examples shown on the first page.

Is it a setting I need to change? something else to download to the SMP? When I use my HTPC which uses Mediabrowser, I can see all the information (movie format, audio format, synopsis of the movie, actors, etc…)

Also, is there someway I can get the SMP to show ALL my movies at one time versus navigating each specific folder? Kinda hard to browse when I have to keep backing up to the folder(s) screen…

Appreciate any insight one might have…

Thanks,

Toys

Hello! This skin is fabulous, I would ask whether it is possible to put the information bar above the screen, or put an option on the Settings to do that. 

Since seeing subtitled movies, bar cover letters. 

Could it be? Thank you! 

Excuse me for my bad English

Translated by Google

Sorry, if I repost again, I really like to know how to do this…

Thank’s for this theme.

I have tried to delete the option for background as it is explain on the first page on the rv_gallery_browse_page.xml, but when i package the theme with the modification, and instal the new theme on my WDTV, all the theme is bad !

What’s wrong ?

How to write this update ?

Thank’s and sorry for my english.