Subtitles with SBS 3d movie are not properly display with last Firmware

Hello,

My box is up-to-date with the last firmware and the subtitles included in MKV files (SBS 3D Movies) are not displayed properly.

they are “split” on a strange way on the screen.

if I took the same movie, put in on a USB key, plug it directly to my Samsung TV, it’s ok. the subtitles are perfectly aligned …

Follow the guide below on how to convert the srt to sbs subtitle http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=120118

as I said, the subtittles are already in the mkv file.

if I want to convert, I need extract them , convert, import.

in that case putting the mkv on a USB drive and plug it on the TV is quickest …

I assume that is a bug who need to be fixed by WD firmware … no?

marciton wrote:

I assume that is a bug who need to be fixed by WD firmware … no?

No, because the WDTV doesn’t claim to support 3D subtitles. 

from reading around the internet … there are some Samsung TV’s that have no problems with  srt >3D subtitles

which i can only guess, the Samsung Tv is probably doing some processing to achieve it.

Personally, ive used 3dsubtitler which works great … and considering the amount of 3D movies currently available, it wasn’t a huge task to convert them.

1 Like

Hello,

I’ve converted the .srt into a 3D .**bleep** and then inserted it into the .mkv, that plays well in VLC, the subtitles appear in double, side-by-side but when played with the WD TV Live I only get a single subtitle centered and so when I convert in 3D in my TV I cannot read them.

Is there any that it play correctly in the WD TV Live?

I forgot to say that I’ve used srt23dass.

3D subtiltes created by 3dsubtitler (either VobSub idx/ sub or Bluray sup )

work fine on my various WDTV Devices

i’m not sure 3d àss subtitles are supported (so use 3dsubtitler and either sub or sup)

1 Like

Hello,

Since my previous post I’ve tried 3dsubtitler and it WORKS!!!

LuisXGome wrote:

Hello,

Since my previous post I’ve tried 3dsubtitler and it WORKS!!!

Excellent !  good to hear :smiley: