Subtitle out of sync but working fine in PC?

My setup is:
Wd tv live streaming
Buffalo router G 54mbps high power
Wd mybook live

I am currently watching smallville tv series, they are mkv’s with under than 200mb’s file sizes.
Just recently, subtitles are getting awkward. They become out of sync after a quarter or half of the movies. Note, this did not happen on the first few minutes of the show. Tried to adjust timings from options, but it keep getting out of sync more and more by the time.

THE PROBLEM IS, this did not happen when the same exact mkv and subtitle are being played from PCs ! They are perfectly in sync.

WHAT MAKES ME CONFUSED, when this out of sync problem happened, Instead of adjusting the time manually, I just shut the wdtv live down for a few minutes, turn it back on, and resume at the same point I left, everything back to normal.

Pretty weird, thoughts, anybody ?

Never heard of this, usually they are out-of-sync because sub and release don’t match (cough) and if they were timed for a different framerate. But even then it gets obvious after a few items rather than a quarter of the movie. Maybe the files are encoded “badly” throwing off the WDTV where VLC can compensate? Can’t imagine why else they would be in sync on the PC…

@SultanBrunei

I don’t know the answer … but it’s helps to provide a little bit more info

* Are they Embedded or External Subtitles ?

* What Format are your Subtitles ? .

subtitle.jpg

They are external subtitle in .srt format

When I started these particular movie files, there is a display of :
Warning: nothing to output
BFRAME DECODER LOG

Does that have something to do with all this subtitlte out of sync issues ?
It seems that either wdtv, or the movies is lagging, hence out of sync.

Warning: nothing to output
BFRAME DECODER LOG

i just did a quick google…

The problem stems from videos encoded with b-frames, without packed bitstream

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/259911-virtualdubmod-bframe-decoder-lag

Usually older standalones had problems with packed bitstream files but the WDTV supports those files. Still, there seems to be something off with your files so you could reencode them with Handbrake or something and try again. Usually I’d say, just test the sub with a different file but it would be heard to identify sync issues when the words spoken differ from the text :wink: