Sound issue with firmware 2.01.86

Hi guys,

Had a 2nd gen WDTV Live for 4 years, just bought a WDTV live streaming media player. It came in with firmware 1.16.13 and everything seemed to work fine. Upgraded to 2.01.86 and I don’t have any DTS-MA working since. Image is there but no sound. Rolled back to 1.16.13 and all good.

Any ideas what the issue might be? I changed the HDMI cable with the one from my XBOX and same issue. Should I try something else?

Many people seem to have this issue but I can’t seem to find a clear fix to the issue anywhere so sorry if I missed the answer somewhere and thanks in advance for your help.

If your HDMI “receiver” doesn’t support DTS-HD MA then yeah, it’s not going to work.

It seems that the WD’s latest firmware thinks that if your downstream device supports ordinary DTS, that it probably also supports DTS-HD, so it sends DTS-HD even if your device doesn’t support it.

Thanks Tony, my other receiver supports it so I will move the WDTV live SMP to this receiver tonight and give it a shot with the new firmware again.

The receiver that it is currently connected to supports DTS but probably not DTS-MA…

issue is known for several months now by WD, but no sign of new firmware. You need to go baxk to previous one