So is my WD LMP bricked after attempting firmware downgrade?

Yes, I have invested in a bunch of HDMI cables for different TVs. Some cables expensive. And it doesn’t matter which hdmi cables I use for that particular TV. The TV is a Scandinavian brand name (Anderson), a cheap brand, but I am sure that it must be identical to some other TVs known by different brand name other places in Europe. The day I bought the TV, it stopped working after the first auto firmware upgrade. So I received a new TV. But I managed to find out that also the first TV had the same problems with HDMI signals.

Anyway, when the TV first manages to detect the HDMI signal for a connected device (I must unplug and plug the cable until it is detected - it doesn’t work to just press hard on the plugs as it is not a loose connection that is the issue, and there are six hdmi connections, and they all have the same problem), then the signal isn’t lost for months even after I shut down the power of the TV completely. (I left the TV unused for a year, and when I started up a device connected to the TV after all that time, it was detected.)

So when I downgraded the firmware for the WD media player, it also apparently resetted the hdmi connection. It is strange that it didn’t do it on the upgrade though.