SiriusXM Canada?

Hey all -

Just picked up my WD TV Live.  Great little unit. 

It came with the newest firmware which supports SiriusXM.  Problem… my online subscription is with SiriusXM.ca, not .com.

As a result, I can’t login.  Anyone know how I might be able to have the WD box look to the canadian website as opposed to the US one?

Thanks,

B

Hello Brian1978, currently this option is not available, but you can vote for the feature on the link below.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming-Ideas/SiriusXM-for-Canada/idi-p/649269

1 Like

Hi Ichigo -

Thanks for your reply.

I guess I don’t understand why it would be difficult to implement this change. Perhaps it’s not as simple as it seems to adjust the firmware to go to the .CA website vs. the .COM website. 

Is there any explanation you can provide? 

I will certainly request it in the forum to which you pointed me. 

Thanks

Hi again, currently I don’t have any specific information, but I will let you know if I find out. 

I am a Canadian sirius xm subscriber and I am also having login problems on WDTV.  However I noted that everytime I enter my password and submit it displays what looks like a much longer password in the login confirmation window on the WDTV screen.  I wondered if there was an issue with the sirius xm application on wdtv.

Nothing “wrong” with the app other than it will only work with siriusxm.com subscribers and not siriusxm.ca subscribers… at this point if you are a Canadian Sirius XM Internet subscriber it will not work!!!

I was reading the online uer manual pg 143 and it seems to indicate that is should work for canadian xm customers.  Has this changed yet as I am still unable to log in.

SiriusXM

SiriusXM Internet Radio delivers over 130 channels of the Sirius XM programming

you love, including commercial-free music plus sports, talk, news and

entertainment.* To use the service, create a SiriusXM account at

www.siriusxm.com/wd.

SiriusXM account required. SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription sold separately and available only to
those at least 18 years of age residing in the U.S., Canada, and Puerto Rico. To subscribe to SiriusXM
Internet Radio in the U.S., U.S. customers should visit

Canadian customers should visit www.sirius.ca or call…