Shutdown Button

I have noticed that I have to shutdown my wdtvlive hub always right from the power button. Is there any other way to do the a soft shutdown? I’m asking that recently my internal wdtvlive hub harddisk  has crashed and its not being detected. Also in my usb external harddisk I get scandisk errors whenever I connect that external drive to any laptop or desktop pc. 

Please guide. 

No you can’t do a soft shutdown (standby) unless you press the power button on the remote for less than 5-7 seconds. If you press it for more than that it do a hard shutdown.

If you eject your usb external disk properly, you shouldn’t get scandisk errors. You need to press the Eject button on the remote, then select the drive, then press OK, then when the green tick appears, you need to press OK again.

If you do a hard shut down then you should also be ok to remove your hard drive without ejecting it. 

Should but apparently that’s not always the case judging from the occasional reports here. Which is why I always manually eject my drive.

Techflaws wrote:

Should but apparently that’s not always the case judging from the occasional reports here. Which is why I always manually eject my drive.

+1. I wouls ALWAYS eject your USB external drives before removing them. This could easily be the cause of your disk errors when plugging into a computer.

Since this is the SMP board, you may want to post in the HUB board about you issue with the internal drive to get some tips on that problem

-P